WHY DO YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE AQUAZONE INDONESIA?
Aquazone Indonesia is one of first 20 companies in Indonesia
who is certified with BIOSECURITY Certification by the Indonesia Ministry of Marine and Fisheries.
Biosecurity has NO single definition but a working definition for our purposes could be “The sum of all procedures in place to protect the ornamental aquatic organism (fish, invertebrates, and aquatic plant) from contracting, carrying or spreading disease”
Why does Biosecurity Matter?
Commercially, DISEASES ALWAYS COST MONEY, whether in costs of prevention or in dealing with the problems of an outbreak.
An example of the impacts of disease on the industry can be seen by the records of ornamental fish exports from Israel where koi herpes virus came to prominence during the spring of 1998 (Israel exports koi, goldfish and some tropical fish though the precise breakdown between the categories is not known.) Compared to 1997 the quantity of ornamental fish exported (in terms of freight weight) to the UK reduced by 30%, 43% and almost 60% in 1999, 2000 and 2001 respectively. Indications of a recovery only became evident during 2002. This example also demonstrated that the market mechanism works very rapidly to avoid sources of fish that are identified by the industry as posing a risk.
Based on the above facts, Aquazone Indonesia thinks that BIOSECURITY MUST BE APPLIED in our working system.
How do we apply Biosecurity to our system?
- Modern technology enables us to always provide the best water for the fish
- Make sure our facility is a CLOSED facility, from the birds, bugs, other creatures, and also we keep the site free from flooding.
- Doing a regular fish health checks
- Keep a good tracking record of the sources of the fish
- Educate suppliers and breeders to produce and provide a healthy fishes and no fish from lower health status farm introduces.
- Routine checked and reports to Indonesia Quarantine Officer under Ministry of Marine and Fisheries
- Healthy fish exported or sent out to our beloved customer